Antropologia Social e Cultural
1º Ano | 1º Semestre
- Favor an integrated domain of core concepts of social and cultural anthropology.
- Understand the anthropological problematic revealed in risc contexts towards a socio-pedagogical and comunity intervention.
- Capacity to interpret, as an example, the anthropological methodology applied to case studies in the area of interest for the student, identifying a particular ethnography and participant observation involved therein.
- From various contexts of risk, build a subject / object of study of the human condition set for drawing an effective community intervention.
1. Status of social and cultural anthropology in social and human sciences: epistemological intentions, classical themes and research practices.
2. The operating concept of culture (cultural education): theories-languages, logos-myths, identity-alterity, education and inter-cultural.
3. Social dynamics: the city-world, globalization and mobility. Hospitality spaces, comings and goings, sedentary life style and nomadic
4. Vulnerability, fundamental anthropological brand: life cycles, limits / thresholds experience, suffering and search for meaning.
5. Anthropology of Space e human condition in the city: recognition, intimacy, sociability and lonelyness.
6. Emerging anthropological Issues: new reconfigurations of family; aging; new communities; the metaphor of the body; religious re-symbolization of life; Anthropology Gift ...
Teaching methodologies (including evalution)Structured from a didactic variability, the sessions include, among other possibilities: a critical analysis of case studies, in an anthropological point of view; promote, through discussion of emerging issues, the questioning of the human condition that emerges in extreme situations narrated in the active or passive voice and/or by the use of technological means; allow the sharing of abstracts of oriented thematic readings articles/reference books in the interest area of the student.
The assessment strategy is based, on the one hand, on the student's critical participation in debates held in sessions (20%) and, on the other hand, on the thematic written work that the student will defend at the end of the semester (80%).
Essential Bibliography (including ISBN)CARVALHO, A. D. (2012). Antropologia da Exclusão ou o Exílio da Condição Humana. Porto: Porto Editora. ISBN: 978-972-0-34861-6.
CLAVEL, M. (2004). A sociedade da exclusão. Compreendê-la para dela sair. Porto: Porto Editora. ISBN: 972-0-34854-2.
GONÇALVES, J.L. (2012). "Dádiva, reciprocidade e reconhecimento: por um novo vínculo social." In Paula Cristina Pereira (org.) Espaço público. Variações críticas sobre a urbanidade. Porto: Ed. Afrontamento.
GONÇALVES, J.L & BRANDÃO ALVES. (2008)."Que rosto de lugar público na cidade competitiva?" In Filosofia e a Cidade, Porto: Campo das Letras. ISBN 978-989-625-353-0
__ (2007). "Invisibilidade e Reconhecimento: a construção da literacia moral em Pedagogia Social". Cadernos de Pedagogia Social n.º 1. Lisboa: U. Católica Editora, pp. 83-104. ISSN 1646-7280.