Ética e Deontologia Profissional
3º Ano | 2º Semestre
Starting from the experience of the training period, from which problems and ethical dilemmas can emerge, the student will demonstrate the process of construction of a "practical wisdom" in the resolution of dilemmatic cases:
- Discusses the limits of the situations / beliefs and the critical thresholds of mediations/decisions that advocates
- Points out conflicts between the judgements foundations, openness to alterity and deontological references (Code)
- (re) identify problematic situations in its radical way, enunciating personal, social and political variables involved
- decisions making articulating the problematic (objective), the problem (subject/task) and the problematic (judgement)
1. Ethics as the axis of the educator?s professionalism
- Distinction and relation between the concepts of "ethics", "morality" and "deontology".
- Universality of ethics, plurality of moral and ethical codes.
- Dimensions involved in professional ethics: teleological, normative and pragmatic.
- Ethics and professional identity of social workers.
2. The professional and personal involvement in the dilemmas and ethical decisions
- Origin and manifestations of problems and ethical dilemmas arising from the practice and the decision-making (technical, legal and ethical).
- Impact of tensions, dilemmas and conflicts raised by "ethical issues" in social work: and education for the faculties of empathy and decentralization.
- Management of emotions and feelings in ethical dilemmas. The world of desire and of limits on decision-making.
- Applied ethics: action models and principles.
- Practical Wisdom: articulate desires and standards, rights and responsibilities
3. Dilemmas in profession
Teaching methodologies (including evalution)The set of strategies and resources to be used [debate, individual work, simulation, group work, observations, practical cases, problems, methodology of problematization-dilemmatization and ethical decision: "seven-step plan"] has in mind the mobilisation, by the student, of a wide range of cognitive domains, namely: (a) knows the concepts by bibliographic abstracts to be carried out within the autonomous work and in documentary analysis (30%); b) understands and applies the concepts to situations-problem, in simulations and role-play; c) analyses practical cases in group, stating and justifying decisions (b+c= 20 % ); d) summarizes the learning in observation reports; e) evaluates the process carried out with the "seven-step Plan" and, in a meta-reflective logic, questions his own learning (d+e= 50%)
Essential Bibliography (including ISBN)BANKS, Sarah & KIRSTEN, Nohr (coord.) (2009). Ética Prática para as Profissões do Trabalho Social. Porto: Porto Editora ISBN: 978-972-0-34858-6
REVISTA SABER & EDUCAR, 16 (2011). Problematização e Dilematização. Porto: Edições ESE Paula Frassinetti. ISSN 1647-2144