Mundividência Cristã

Teacher Responsible: Idalécia da Cruz Videira
1º Ano | 1º Semestre
Learning objectives
1. Learn to see the reality of humanity from a humanist vision rooted in Judeo-Christian values. 2. Train the look to be able to identify and critically express problems and conflicts in the Human Community that are in contrast to the human dignity and sociality. 3. Become aware of the dignity of the person, as being unique, free and responsible for the construction of a more free and caring society. 4. Understand the specificity of the Christian worldview giving reasons for its application. 5. Become aware of the importance of civic participation at all levels: political, social, and so on. 6. Know to found the dignity and sociability of the person.

1. Christian worldview: a specific look at the person and the world 1.1. Progress and contrasts in the "portrait" of the world - the challenge of interpretation. 1.2. Interpret reality from an integral and solidary humanism: comprehensiveness and conceptual boundaries. 1.3. Specificity of the Christian Worldview: nature, concept and characteristics. 1.4. Faith and Culture, a dialectical relation of distance / proximity. 2. The main principles: human dignity and social solidarity 2.1. The dignity of the person - individual dimension: The constitution of individual interiority and its dimensions (somatic-rational-relational unity, accomplishing self-transcendent values). Uniqueness, freedom, responsibility, equality. Human dignity and its manifestations: human rights. 2.2. Social solidarity: Person, Society and the Common Good. The principles of Solidarity and Subsidiarity. 3. The Human Community: right of participation, duty of implication.

Teaching methodologies (including evalution)

Strategies and resources: Exposition; discussions; dialogues Create a study and reflection environment. Train students to think about issues less spoken among them. Analysis of documents. Evaluation and respective weightings: Individual work 50%; Group work 30%; Fieldwork 20% Description: Formative and continuous type that has as referent three cumulative evaluation products: a) Classification result of one individual work in which the student will develop a theme (50%) b) Classification result of a programmatic theme development in group and plenary presentation (30%) c) Classification resulting from a fieldwork (20%)

Essential Bibliography (including ISBN)

CONSELHO PONTIFÍCIO «JUSTIÇA E PAZ», Compêndio da Doutrina Social da Igreja, Cascais, Principia 2005. ISBN 972-8818-57 - 2