Educação para a Saúde
Teacher Responsible: Sandra Sofia Lima da Silva Faria
3º Ano | 1º Semestre
Distinguish the disease and health concepts taking into account the associated factors, understand the concepts of prevention and health promotion, learn the concepts of education for health, understand the importance of the role of the educator in the framework of education for health, be able to develop an education plan for health, know the human development process in different age groups, show knowledge for healthy health habits - recognize the role of the social educator in this context, to acquire competencies to develop education sessions in different work action
- Health concepts in today's society
- Different health modes: models of health and disease
- Disease prevention and health promotion
- Health promotion according to the World Health Organization
- Cases of the disease - associated factors: Socio-environmental, and behavioral
- Educational Concepts to health and the role of the social educator as an educator for health
- Process human development
- Specifics of child health and youth
- Specifics of adult health
- Specific health of seniors
- Habits of healthy health: nutrition, physical activity, skin care and sexuality
- Social Diseases - Prevention
- Child abuse: Signs and be aware of the attitudes and social educator
Teaching methodologies (including evalution)The classes take place trough the exhibition and demonstrative method, with debate on the issues and conducting training records in group work with discussion and presentation of papers.
Conducting an evaluation test with correspondence of 50% of the final grade on the syllabus of the course, completion of a theoretical and practical test of Basic Paediatric Life Support, 25%, preparation and presentation of a working group with 25% weight
Essential Bibliography (including ISBN)Backman, C.K. & Secord, P.F. (1971) Aspectos Psicossociais da Educação - trad. Álvaro Cabral - Zahar Ed, Rio de Janeiro.
Barros, L.; Moniz. L. (2005) Psicologia da doença para cuidados de saúde - Desenvolvimento e intervenção, Lisboa, Edições Asa.
Bowlby, J. (1981), Cuidados Maternos e saúde mental, São Paulo, Martins Fontes.
Constança, P.; Fonseca, A. (2001) Psicossociologia da Saúde, Lisboa, Climepsi Editoras.
Cordeiro, C. Dias (1979), O adolescente e a família, Lisboa, Moraes.
Ferreira, F. A. (1994), Nutrição humana, 2ª ed., Lisboa, Fundação Calouste Gulbenkien.
Peres, E. (1994), Saber comer para melhor viver, 3ª ed., Lisboa, Editorial Caminho.
Sampaio, D. (1991) Ninguém morre sozinho, Lisboa, editora Caminho.
Scotney, N. (1981), Educação para a Saúde, trad. Maria Terezinha Aflavo, Ed. Paulinas, São Paulo.
Strecht, P. (1999), Preciso de Ti: perturbações psicossociais em crianças e adolescentes; Lisboa, Assírio& Alvin.